My education, training, and clinical experience have added to both my competence and confidence in effectively treating eating disorders (anorexia, bulimia, binge eating, and more general disordered eating), depression, anxiety, and various forms of trauma throughout the lifespan.
I am happy to tell you more about the extent of my training in these areas and others. As required by the state board of social workers and my personal desire for growth, I continue to seek education in these areas and have begun training in expressive arts therapy.
- MSW, Boston College Graduate School of Social Work
- BA (theological studies and social work), Saint Louis University
Extensively trained in:
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)*
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)**
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
*I do not offer full fidelity DBT in my practice. I draw on the skills and model to inform my work with clients but am not able to practice DBT at this time. If this is what you are looking for, please let me know an I can direct you to another clinician.
**I participate in monthly supervision/consultation for EMDR to increase my effectiveness and adherence to the model.
Prior therapy experience:
- Individual and group therapist, Portland DBT Institute
- Mental health worker, Monte Nido– Eating Disorder Center of Boston
- Mental health worker, Monte Nido– Laurel Hill
- Individual and group therapist (intern), Boston Medical Center, adult psychiatry
- Group therapist (intern), Crime Victims Advocacy Center of St. Louis